Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chapter 2

"Maybe it's some place way off 9in the ocean where de black manis in power, but we don't know nothin' but what we see" (Nanny)

To me this means like people only know what they see. For example, a person could be a follower or something like that and when they see somebody else do something that mean they should do it too. So now if they are ny their selves they're going to think they should do it. I think this saying is pretty much the same as Monkey see monkey do.

"Have some sympathy fuh me. Put me down east, Janie, Ah'm a cracked plate" ( Nanny)

I really like this statement or quote because to me it actually make sense after Nanny explained what happen. Pretty much she is saying that Nanny had many problems and she was getting old and ever since they day her daughter got raped, she didn't want to see Janie end like her mother. All of this came up when she saw Jannie kiss Johnny.

No comments: