Friday, April 23, 2010

What is athe effect of comparing a ship on the horizon to a man's dream

A ship on the horizon is a metaphor because it isn’t possible for that to happen. The horizon on the water is like the sunset looking like it’s going into the water. A ship can never touch the horizon, no matter how far it goes. The only way a ship can touch the horizon is if it flies into outer space, but even then the sun is too far to reach. So when it’s comparing to a man’s dream it’s saying that a man can dream but it never come true no matter how far they try to reach for it. This is a good metaphor and I can relate to it because right now that’s how my dream is feeling. I want to be a famous rapper but it’s so hard for it to come true. I constantly go to the studio and make songs and I feel like my dream is almost coming true but I can’t reach it.

No comments: